Friday, January 10, 2014

Random 5...



...Friday
(or more)

Bonjour mes amis.
 Do you even know how fun it was to wake up in France and say that to everyone who'd listen to me! Crazy American in France-that's what I was! (I have NO accent except to say Bonjour)
I'm so happy to be back and playing over at Nancy's today for the 1st time this year.

*Speaking of France...
I was desperate to find color...any color being that it is the dead of winter.


All signs are posted on the corners of buildings in France and because I can be so nerdy, I was tickled that THIS particular sign, on THIS particularly famous street had a "K" sticker on it!

*By the 2nd day watching Frankie slather fresh butter, cheese & salami on his perfectly, fresh baguettes every morning, I couldn't take it anymore...I ATE BREAD! I mean you CAN'T go to France and NOT eat the bread. It's absurd, it's sacrilege, it's....it's SOOOOOO good!
 I never ate any pastries...but the bread...ohhh my... I was conscience tho, ate sparingly & enjoyed every teeny, tiny bite I ate.


*So, yesterday morning my last beauty emerged:

Needless to say I was thrilled that it was a male & I just knew it was sign that Erik was going to make his entrance into this world. But midnight came & went so now I'm wondering if by some off chance, last quarter miracle, he's waiting to enter on my 50th birthday...which btw, is Tuesday!
(c'mon baby boy...come to Grandma!)

*Speaking of birthdays, I've made a list of 50 acts of random kindness I'm sprinkling throughout January. I'll have more on that come Tuesday.

*Remember those Earl Grey Truffles I made around Christmas?


Yeah....THOSE truffles!

Well, I'm going to make them again but for Valentine's Day so I'm thinking I need a little desk calendar to remind me to post the recipe Feb. 1st just in case any of you want to make these. They are SO scrumptious. Austin said they were better than Trader Joe's truffles...
Sorry TJ's!

*I DO NOT want a house with 3 bathrooms in it...period

How's THAT for Random!

Happy ( find some color) snapping!
xo
Kelly


16 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, I'd give anything right now with all the littles at home for 3 bathrooms!!! And now I want authentic French bread slathered in butter, with those yummy looking truffles! Gorgeous butterfly...terrific shot! Aloha...and don't you worry about a reminder to post the recipe for Feb. We'll be all over you for it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Paris shots are making me want to go there ... I think! LOL
    They are so wonderful.
    Woot-woot to your butterfly ... and Erik will be here soon (if he isn't already!!!)
    I can almost smell that French bread slathered with butter!!!! Yum-Yum-Yum!!! :-D
    That Danbo!!! I could just bite his cheeks! LOL
    Mwah! xoxoxo ♥ **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got my hubby to look up Dumbie (wait maybe that is not his name? starts with a D or is a B?) any who ... he is too cute & very expensive. like others i guess i will have to make my own. those treats look so yummy. you are making me so, so, so hungry.
    www.elizardbreathspeaks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so happy you loved your trip to France and that I get to enjoy a little part of it. What a lovely photo of the color that you did find.
    Happy Birthday early incase I miss it on Tuesday. 50 is a great age, I'm pushing now towards 60 and am wondering how I'll feel about that.
    Super stunning butterfly and I do hope baby Erik arrives on your birthday, what a great present that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I would love that recipe. {Not that I need them.} Bread in France, certainment. And oui to pastries, too. We only live once. And can't wait to see photos of grandbaby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, everything about this post is delicious....from the streets of Paris to the beautiful butterfly to the chocolate truffles, just yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sign with the K on it. How cool! I'm glad you indulged a bit and ate some bread. I could never resist bread from Paris! It would be so neat if your grandson is born on your birthday. Maybe he will wait a few more days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I will not be tempted to make your truffles -- no I will not! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to you, I knew that your last butterfly was a male when I saw the spots. He's a beauty. I have fallen in love with every photo you've posted of France. Glad you had such an incredible time and that you sampled the bread. Who could resist? Happy early birthday.... Maybe the 14th will be a double birthday after all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this...oh that blue sign (with a "K"), and yes the recipe please for those truffles! Your last guy is a beaut for sure, so wonderfully captured! Waiting on pins and needles for the babe to arrive, so excited for ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved seeing a bit more of Paris. We have three bathrooms in our house, but thankfully I don't have to clean them. I don't do them "good enough" for Glen, which is FINE by me. He is a former janitor and now sells custodial supplies, so he knows his business.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this post! I can only imagine just how good that bread was in France, and how divine those truffles must taste (Danbo looks "busted"..!), and how awesome it would be to raise butterfly babies, and last, but not least, how wonderful it must feel to have a grandbaby boy on the way (or here already?)! I love stopping by your blog...it's always a delight! Karenmarie63 (my handle on IG!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not so sure I could have been good about not eating bread either while in Paris. It sounds like you had a marvelous time (I need to back-track through posts now that I can focus my eyes through the cold/flu medicine). I can only imagine how exciting it must be to be awaiting a grandbaby - I'm not eager for that, but can appreciate the thrill of it. Believe one of the signs we came across in a store said something to the effect "if I'd know how much fun grandchildren were, I would have skip kids and gone straight to them". Enjoy your day Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh - I live across the border from France in Switzerland and I can`t imagine NOT eating the marvelous baguette….with or without butter. It looks as if you were having a great time in Paris and they even had a special sign for you! Wishing you a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving these photos Kelly! Sounds like you had the trip of a life time… Having more than 3 bathrooms in a house is ridiculous…and means lots of cleaning. *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have 3 1/2 bathrooms in our house. ugh. Worst rooms in the house to keep clean and as with all women, none of us like that chore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.